LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating drop down menu, the menu will be updated based on values in an input array

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to make a drop down menu that will display a list of values. The menu will be updated based on the parameters of another array. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,944 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikeg_93

Im not totally sure what youre trying to do, but i believe one option is an enum and you can update the values using property nodes.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,890 Views)

Not an enum which has all of its items defined during edit time because the strings are compiled into the definition of the control.

You want either a menu ring or a text ring.  There you use property nodes to define the strings and values programmatically during the operation of the VI.

Message 3 of 5
(2,882 Views)

Thanks for the correction ravensfan. After posting that I did question if that was right. I should've checked up on it. 

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,879 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikeg_93

If you are referring to a shortcut menu, you can right click a control -> Advanced -> Runtime Shortcut Menu -> Edit...

Change it to a custom menu and save it to the control.  And then in an event structure, you can create a filter event (the ones with the question mark) for "Shortcut Menu Activation?" (note the question mark).

And then within that event, you will get a reference to the menu, which you can use to update the values and tags before the menu is displayed to the user.

Example_VI_BD.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 5 of 5
(2,860 Views)