From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating NI PXI Host

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I was reiyng to update a new PXI system with PharLap. In particular i need to upgrade NI DaqMX driver with the one on my PC. I receive the error shown:

Immagine.jpg

with, more or less, any upgrading try i receive the same message. Am i stuck on the upgrading procedure?

Thank you very much,

Francesco Matassoni

P.S.

PXI Host information:

Immagine2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,826 Views)

It sounds like you are running LabVIEW 2018 on your new system.  What was the "old system" using?  I think at some point, NI dropped Pharlap and went with a Real-Time Linux system (I'm still running Pharlap on my much older PXI controller, but recall a colleague buying a new controller, then having to replace it with an older model because of the RTOS change ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,785 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FM82

Thank you Bob,

it turns out that I hadn't the NI serial and NI 488 Real Time driver on my development system. Once upgraded this two features the system was able to update the PXI.

Thanks again for your support.

P.S.

Why you think that NI dropped Pharlap? This is the second PXI system that we ordered (in 2019) and both had Pharlap installed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,757 Views)

I suspect that NI is "consolidating".  Their other RT platforms (cRIO, for example) have been using a Linux kernel for some time, and I know that RT Vision for PXI dropped PharLap in LabVIEW 2019.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,751 Views)