LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to LV201 64bit now Database Connectivity toolkit won't install

I just updated a system running Windows 7 to 64 bit LV2010 Pro.  The links to the Database connectivity toolkit no longer work.  I downloaded a new eval version from NI but it keeps telling me I have to be running 32 bit.  I can't find a 64 bit version.  Is there one?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(7,281 Views)

Hi old_man,

There is currently no 64 bit version of the Database Connectivity Toolkit. However you can install LabVIEW 32 bit on your 64 bit Windows OS and install the Database Connectivity Toolkit to that. You can also keep LabVIEW 64 bit installed on the same machine. Your Serial Number will active both the 32bit and 64bit versions of LabVIEW. 

<Brian A | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(7,271 Views)

Is there a plan to release a 64 bit version?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(7,263 Views)

I am not on the development team for the Database Connectivity Toolkit so I cannot really comment on their plans. However since 64 bit OS are starting to become more mainstream I would be expect that more and more of the modules and toolkits will be released with a 64bit version in the future. 

Is their a particular reason that you require using 64 bit LabVIEW w/ the Data Connectivity Toolkit instead of 32 bit?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(7,251 Views)

Is this still unsupported?  We are porting our LabVIEW 32 bit application to 64 bit.  We can leave out database support for now, but we would really like to get it in shortly if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(7,137 Views)

Hi Thomas,

The 2011 Database Toolkit is not supported with LabVIEW x64. You can view the LabVIEW Requirements in the readme for the Database Toolkit under System Requirements. 

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(7,110 Views)

Database Toolkit Is this still unsupported?  

Bests

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(6,377 Views)

We actually managed to get it working. We're using LabVIEW 2012 (and probably the 2012 version of the toolkit?).  I'm not sure if we had to do some recompliation or relinking on the datbase VI's as I didn't do that part of the port.  Anyway, the 64 bit version of our software is storing to Access and MS SQL databases just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(6,371 Views)

Hey Cemach,

The LabVIEW 2013 Database Connectivity Toolkit is still not officially supported with 64 bit LabVIEW.  Please see the Database Connectivity Toolkit Readme linked below for more information:

LabVIEW 2013 Database Connectivity Toolkit Readme: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8126595802A1B62986257B79000D69AF#requirements.

Thanks,

Myriam D.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(6,327 Views)

For a full up to date list of which toolkits are supported on different bitnesses (and which versions started supporting them), take a look at this white paper - National Instruments Product Compatibility for Microsoft Windows 7

There is a similar page for Windows 8.

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(6,305 Views)