From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update values in loop after pressing OK without leaving control

Solved!
Go to solution

Point is, you didn't change the approach. It is incorrect to tight those two things together.

See attached example (LV 2014) for how you can address it.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(450 Views)

I can only open LV 2013 😞

Can you send a screenshot or resave in previous version?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(447 Views)

This is easy (easier?)  Put it in the KeyDown event for Numeric and it'll look like you're updating while typing.

eventfocus[1]_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 13 of 15
(444 Views)

An alternative is to set key focus on another controller when pressing enter, return key.

See attached.

Message 14 of 15
(431 Views)

@OnlyOne wrote:

I can only open LV 2013 😞

Can you send a screenshot or resave in previous version?

Thx

You might want to upgrade to 2014...The return key should register a value change event on the active and edited control, before togglin...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 15 of 15
(412 Views)