From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update single Table indicator cell without redrawing the entire table

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a program that uses a Table indicator. Each row is a program step and in that row there is a countdown time showing time remaining.

Updating the time remaining cell is easy enough using replace array subset (Is there a better way?) but each time I do that it looks like LabView redraws the entire table on the screen and this causes annoying flashing-blinking of the text in the table.

I have reduced the updates to 500mS and that 'works' but there is still some flashing and 500mS reduces the accuracy of the timing.

Is there a way to update a single cell on a table indicator without redrading the entire table?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,298 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RTSLVU

Tables will always flicker.

Try dropping a decoration on top of it, set to transparent fill/border. I remember discussing that with my field engineer back in LV 8.5 and finding it incredibly annoying at the time.

I believe I'm right in saying that it only needs to be even partly covering it to suppress the display refresh flicker.

Edit - in fact, I *think* it only has to partly cover even the Label of the table to suppress it.

---
CLA
Message 2 of 3
(2,294 Views)

That worked great, now I can set my timeout to 100mS and no flicker.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,242 Views)