cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update cluster in subVI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

In the attached VI1, I am trying to pass the cluster from VI1 to VI2, but the cluster elements doesn't update.  Can you offer some insights as to how I can go about updating the cluster from VI1 input to VI2?

Thanks,

hiNi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,069 Views)

It works for me.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,062 Views)

The values are being updated, but not the listbox contents.  Since the contents is a GUI thing and has little to do with the data, those are not contained in the data on the wire.

What exactly are you trying to do here?  Perhaps a cluster of listboxes is not the way you should be going with this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,061 Views)

Hello again,

I am trying to use the contents of the list box for later programming.  As you can see in the updated llb file for VI2, if I take Layer 2 out of the cluster, the Item names do not reflect the names that are input from VI1.

As I change the contents (i.e. Item names, Colum header names etc.) from VI1, I want those changes to take effect in VI2.

Thanks,

hiNi. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,052 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hiNI

You could pass a reference to the cluster from VI1 to VI2.  VI2 would then access the Controls[] Property, index out each element, typedef it using a ListBox reference and then access the listbox Column Header and Item Names.  See the attached changes.

Steve

Message 5 of 5
(3,044 Views)