LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upconvert VI Requests

hi there,

I have a problem. Often I storage my data with dasylab (ddf-Files). But now there is a need to open those files with labview. I tried out to find out the algorythm of the storaging by dasylab to create a migration tool for labview... By searching in the www I found a migrationtoolkit from ni, but is written for labview 5. I dont have this old version. 

Can someone upgrade this migrationkit? Maybe it is interesting for others also... I will make a thread for an updated migrationtoolkit then.

thank you

Christoph

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 1,261
(2,806 Views)

Updated to LV 8.2.1

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 1,261
(2,796 Views)

Hi,

this is a project in labview 5.1, can anyone convert in 2009??? I'd need to use this in labview 2009

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 1,261
(2,773 Views)

highkftj wrote:

Hi,

this is a project in labview 5.1, can anyone convert in 2009??? I'd need to use this in labview 2009

Thanks

It does not appear as if that VI was ever finished. Also, it uses Traditional DAQ, and it references a subVI ("My Data Processing") that you did not include. Attached is in 8.2.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 1,261
(2,769 Views)

I apologize... I am new at labview and I have a problem on my machine so I need to move to another one with labview 2009.

I have the other file "My Data Processing" and I can send it to you, but what else you need in order to convert?? which directory should I zip???

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 1,261
(2,762 Views)
Just the "My Data Processing". The Traditional DAQ you'd get by downloading it from NI.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 1,261
(2,760 Views)

Here you go!

Thanks... so should I download the tradition DAQ and istall in the machine with labview 2009???

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 1,261
(2,753 Views)

Well, it turns out that "My Data Processing" was anti-climactic. It really doesn't do anything except provide a shell for whatever data processing you intend to put in there. In any event, attached is the version in 8.2.

You can download Traditional DAQ from here. However, unless you have a device that absolutely requires Traditional DAQ to work you're better off switching to DAQmx

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 1,261
(2,737 Views)
Thank you so much, so using this converted version plus my DAQ.vi which does not need conversion I should be able to run in 2003?
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 1,261
(2,723 Views)

You'll be able to open it, but it won't run since it was unfinished code.I just upcoverted the VI for you. 

If you're unable to complete the VI you may want to consider starting a new thread indicating what you're trying to ultimately do. If you do, please include the converted VIs and information about your setup, like what DAQ device you have.

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 1,261
(2,718 Views)