LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up-Convert from V7 to 2011

Very new to LabView.....but definitely interested in learning.

Anyone have experience converting VIs from V7 to 2011?

I know there is the upconvert board but our program is quite large and has many VIs and we'd like try and convert it ourselves.

Just wondering if this is a wise idea or we're setting ourselves up for a whole lot of trouble.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,336 Views)
In general, the issues you are likely to see are related to hardware and the drivers you are using. For example, DAQ cards should use the DAQmx driver and if you used the old driver, you would spend some time doing the conversion.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,331 Views)

Is there conversion software I should be looking into?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,316 Views)

Are you referring to DAQ? Or are you referring to conversion of the code? If you're referring to DAQ, and you used Traditional DAQ and need to convert to DAQmx, there is no conversion software - you have to replace the code manually. There are several articles in the NI KnowledgeBase that can help. Here's two:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,308 Views)

No, sorry, I should have explained a little better.

I'm refering to conversion of the code (VI's etc)?

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,306 Views)

LabVIEW 2011 can open LabVIEW 7 VIs directly. Once opened they are automatically recompiled and will require saving. Some functions/VIs will obviously have changed so you may have to fix some code, but it's impossible for anybody to tell you what will be broken since it depends on what you used and how.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,293 Views)

Great! Thanks, I'm just installing 2011 right now, so once it's done I'll give it a shot.

The last person that worked on this mentioned they had trouble with video drivers afterwards....we'll see!

Thanks everyone for your help and clarification.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,291 Views)