From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted values in a graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Derrick M wrote:

company as guides, and only have about 10 hours worth of programming experience so far. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Yup I know. I was just responding to that last setence there.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,146 Views)

Well I certainly do appreciate the help! This is all new to me, this if my first time programming with something that is data driven and not event driven.

I am not opposed to starting over either if someone has a better way of doing this.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,144 Views)

After doing some reading I was wondering how I could make it so instead of filling the smaller files with zeros it fills them with "NaN" instead. Like I said I am new to this so if that idea doesnt make sense just let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,107 Views)

Quoting myself fromthis thread ;

"

Use a double nested For loops to check if = 0 and if true use "NaN" (hint a select node on compare palette wil let you choose between the value of NaN.

If you have trouble with that part code what you can and re-post to let someone give you anothe push.

"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,102 Views)

Ben, thanks for the speedy reply!

I did this already, and it did not take care of the plots ending at zero. However, I could have done it wrong. Here is the block diagram:

Block Diagram.jpg

Front Panel.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,097 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Derrick M

First a leason....

Inside the big For loop your data is OK.

The output tunnel is where the extra zero get insterted to pad out the extra space.

1) Put an indicator on the wire inside the big For loop.

2) Put an indicator on the 2d-wire coming out of teh big For loop.

3) Run your code execution highlighting (light buld on) and pasue the code after each file read.

4) Look at teh indicator inside teh loop and you will see your data as read from file.

5) Let teh code complete and then check the indicator outside teh loop. You will see the extra stuff in the indicator.

So...

Put the double nested loops outside the big For loop to fix-up what is coming for that output tunnel.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 16 of 18
(1,094 Views)

Thanks Ben, I got it to work and learned something while doing it!

Block Diagram.jpg

Front Panel.jpg

Message 17 of 18
(1,090 Views)

Derrick M wrote:

Thanks Ben, I got it to work and learned something while doing it!

Thank you very much for the update! That is why I'm WE are here. Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,087 Views)