From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive bridge sensor

Setup

3rd party hardware: various Transducer Techniques torque cells (5 oz*in, 100 oz*in, 200 lb*in) and Futek load cells (50 lb, 50 lb*in)

NI hardware: USB-6361 DAQ with mass termination, SC-2345 carrier, SCC-SG24 strain gauge module

NI software: LabVIEW 2016 + DAQmx 18.6

Problem: I can't read anything from my torque cells.

I have 2 different test rigs each equipped with a 6361 DAQ + 2345 carrier. In NI-MAX, I've configured both data acquisitions systems to reflect their physical configuration.

For example, I've configured the DAQ system for the helicopter rig with a SG24 strain gauge module in the 5th module just like my physical setup.

daq_ts_max_config.PNG

Physically, I have connected the torque cell to my strain gauge module as specified in the manufacturer's wiring diagram.

daq_ts_module.PNG

In LabVIEW, I create a Custom voltage with Excitation task to read the sensor. I leave the default configuration follows:

daq_ts_module_LV.PNG

The rated output of the torque cell is 1.5 mV/V, so I should get +/- 15 mV across full range when I load the torque cell with the SG24's internal 10V excitation signal. Instead, I get a near constant signal usually around 1 mV no matter how I load the sensor. In the image below, it's about 2 mV.
daq_ts_module_graph.PNG

Attempted solution:

I get similar responses with different load cells, different cables, and different SG24 modules on both setups.

I've tested the load cells' resistances with their companies' troubleshooting guides. All values are nominal.

I have no idea why this is happening. Both setups were working fine before.

Any ideas how to proceed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,025 Views)