From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlicensed copy of IMAQ Vision

I've just had to reinstall LabVIEW 6.0, Imaq and Vision builder on a PXI box that I'm doing some development on. Now whenever I use one of my IMAQ based vi's I get the following message "The unlicensed copy of IMAQ Vision may be used for demonstration purposes only". I have legal copies of all the software and thought I entered all the correct serial numbers. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help. Any help on this one?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,202 Views)
Chris,

I had this exact same problem before, but was able to fix it with a simple reinstall of IMAQ Vision.

What happened was Windows decided to rewrite my registry from a 6+ month old backup copy.

I suspect your uninstall is not completely cleaning up your registry. I would suggest uninstalling your IMAQ Vision, and then going into the registry and cleaning it up manually (no easy task.) To make this chore easier, try doing a search for "Vision" or "IMAQ" in the registry and deleting all keys associated with those results (be careful that you don't delete anything that shouldn't be.)

The only other solution I can suggest is a complete wipe and reformat (fdisk) of your harddrive, and a complete reinstall.

No, this isn't fun. This is my complai
nt about Windows (one of them.) If anyone has another suggestion, please, please let us know. I struggle to get Windows working right for LabVIEW, and anything else. I would welcome suggestions (I am already putting together a linux box, and am ordering a Mac soon as well.) Also, if anyone knows how to setup W9x to automatically backup the registry, I would appreciate the help. Also, I strongly recommend to everyone to backup your registry EVERY TIME you add or remove software.

Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,202 Views)
Thanks for the comments. I had a feeling this was the case. Maybe one of the kind support folks at NI can tell me which registry key is causing the problem.

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,202 Views)
Chris,

No, one of the kind folks at NI won't be able to tell you which key. I had a support request to find out just this answer, and even after being transferred to the developer, could not get that information. It is handled automatically by wonder Windows, so even developers wouldn't know which key it is.

If you can't locate the keys manually, you will have to, I'm afraid, use a backup of your registry (give those wonderfolks at Microsoft a call, they'll help you - NOT!) or just fdisk your machine.

This is a very unfortunate situation. I wish I could be of more help, but its simply overly complex.

Before you fdisk and reformat your harddrive, try unistalling ALL of your NI software and reinstalling. Be sure to go in this orde
r: LabVIEW>IMAQ>IMAQ Vision>Vision Builder.

Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,202 Views)
Chris,

No, one of the kind folks at NI won't be able to tell you which key. I had a support request to find out just this answer, and even after being transferred to the developer, could not get that information. It is handled automatically by wonder Windows, so even developers wouldn't know which key it is.

If you can't locate the keys manually, you will have to, I'm afraid, use a backup of your registry (give those wonderfolks at Microsoft a call, they'll help you - NOT!) or just fdisk your machine.

This is a very unfortunate situation. I wish I could be of more help, but its simply overly complex.

Before you fdisk and reformat your harddrive, try unistalling ALL of your NI software and reinstalling. Be sure to go in this orde
r: LabVIEW>IMAQ>IMAQ Vision>Vision Builder.

Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,202 Views)