From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown ROI file

Hello!

I'm currently working on a Labview program that was done by someone else and I've been adding updates/fixes to it but I ran into a wall that I can't seem to pass.

The module of interest is de IMAQ module. We use this to get data off of an image. The ROI's are being loaded from a document and I can't seem to change them. 

I've been trying to make that adjustment manual but I just can't seem to find a way t get it to work. The file has different ROIs but when loaded onto the module, they iterate and then only the last one is displayed when probing.

I'm fairly new to labview so hopefully one of you can help me 🙂

Thanks and have a good day

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(498 Views)

LabVIEW Vision is one of the more difficult and "advanced" topics to tackle.   I had a lot of programming experience, including 4-5 years of maintaining and re-writing a Real-Time LabVIEW routine to do behavioral testing of human subjects (a sound-localization study), when a colleague asked me to help him save 5-10 second videos for an animal behavior study -- it took the two of us several months to work out how IMAQdx worked, and learning to deal with the 4-dimensional aspect of video images.

You need to get someone with LabVIEW Vision experience to look at your LabVIEW code and "get you started", including finding where the elusive ROIs are being stored and used.  If you are in a University environment where such expertise might be found, reach out.  Without seeing your code, and having a chance to talk with you to fully understand what you are trying to do, progress will be difficult (and slow).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(476 Views)