cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

This morning I opend Labview 8.2 and for some reason Adobe was trying to open it. My application is inside an Labview library and the short cut sits on the desktop. (Tha last time I used LV 8.2 was last weekend and all worked as normal)

I tried to right click, open with, and then look for the Labview inside the NI folder ( all was there ) but it will not make the link ( see attached bmp)

The program has given the .seq extension a notepad icon. The rpt extensions will not open at all.

When I removed the Adobe from the hard drive Labview takes over again and will open.

I cleaned the register after I removed the Adobe, re-installed Adobe, and then Adobe takes over again. During the installation of Adobe I have no control over what kind of files Adobe should/will open

Should I look in the registry for the solution or is there an easier solution.

Regards.

Paul.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,309 Views)

Adobe makes a number of programs (Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.) What is the exact name of the adobe program that seemingly interferes with LabVIEW? How old is that program?

I don't think you give enough information to pinpoint the problem but there were similar issues reported in the past. Have you tried the steps shown here (delete the association first, then re-associate?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,294 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PvW

The Adobe program is the Adobe reader version X (10.0.1)

I followed the link and was able to re-make the association to the llb files. It is working again.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,268 Views)