LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Test Framework Bug: Removing a test vector file causes LV to crash

Labview 2010 f2 crashes every time I try to remove a test vector file from a project.

Repro:

1. Start Labview and open a new project.

2. Save the project.

3. Right-click My Computer and select New -> Test Vectors

4. Right-click the new file (Untitled.lvvect) and select Remove From Project

I've tried various combinations of renaming the test vector file, trying multiple vector files, etc., but the end result is the same.  LV always crashes when I try to remove the vector file from the project.  LV crashes when I try to remove it even if I delete the vector file from disk before loading it from disk.  The only way I can remove a vector file from a project once the project has been saved is by editing the .lvproj file directly.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(4,393 Views)

Hi Daklu,

I haven't been able to reproduce the crash. Could you try repairing LabVIEW (or at least the Unit Test Framework) and try again? Also, what operating system are you using? Windows 7? 32-bit?

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(4,359 Views)

Nope, repairing the Labview and Unit Test Framework installations didn't help.  But in other exciting news I'm now getting this error...

LVCompileError.png

Related?  I dunno.  I started seeing this error yesterday while working on a class probe.  Today it's progressed to the point where this error appears in an endless loop when I try to open my project.  LV didn't generate an error log.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(4,341 Views)

Update:  I believe the last error is a different issue.  I was able to narrow the error down to a specific library and generate some error logs.  That library hasn't had any code changes in over a month.  The error logs point to something in the f2 patch, which I installed last Thursday.  Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to uninstall the patch.

I can send the guilty code via email or ftp if you need them.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(4,336 Views)

Thanks for the logs. We'll see if we need the code. But let's first focus on the UTF crash. I am assuming that it still occurs with even a new project, where this Compiler Error only shows itself when you use that specific library in the project?

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(4,316 Views)

I am assuming that it still occurs with even a new project, where this Compiler Error only shows itself when you use that specific library in the project?

Yep, the test vector bug still occurs even with a new project, just saved, with nothing else added.

(As an aside, I reinstalled LV without the f2 patch and the complier bug is still occurring.  But I'll start a new thread when I have more information about that problem.)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(4,305 Views)

Looks like it's time to take a look at the code. If you can simplify the project as much as possible, and post it to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming that would be great. Post it as a ZIP file labeled Daklu.zip.

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(4,269 Views)

@Will S. wrote:

Looks like it's time to take a look at the code. If you can simplify the project as much as possible, and post it to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming that would be great. Post it as a ZIP file labeled Daklu.zip.

Done, but there isn't any code to speak of for the UTF remove vector crashes.  Just the project and vector files.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(4,252 Views)

Hi Daklu,

I just wanted to make sure you weren't somehow producing corrupted files. You aren't. I think the next step is to identify which processes are failing when attempting to remove the test vector from the project. Can you please run a Process Monitor trace (filter on Process Name = LabVIEW.exe). Start the trace right before you attempt to remove the test vector from the project, and stop the trace just after. 

You can find Process Monitor here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

It comes with a document that describes how to use it if you are unfamiliar with it.

Regards,

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(4,243 Views)

Hmph...

Apparently your suggestion scared the problem away.  The last several days I haven't been able to avoid the bug.  After duplicating the steps with ProcMon running I can't repro the bug--even when ProcMon isn't running.  If the bug magically appears again I'll grab a trace and post it.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(4,241 Views)