LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling NXG 2.0

I should have known better, but curious to see what the NXG 2.0 had to offer, I installed it, together with the Vision Module (or whatever it is called) because I use its little brother with LV OG 2017 (oldgen).

Short story long, I tried twice to create a new VI and drop a Graph on a blank FP and NXG went down in a crash each time. I promptly uninstalled all I could from the NXG stuff but apparently didn't do that fast enough...

Now when I try to use my 2017 code including Vision Module VIs (2017), things are broken because, says the Error window:

The Vision Development Module library is expired or invalidly licensed on this computer. To purchase this product, contact National Instruments. If you have already purchased this product, select the Help >> Activate LabVIEW Components to activate this product.

Obviously, following this advice leads nowhere and I have shot an email to NI support for explanations.

Caveat emptor...

PS: and yes, there is something new in NXG 2.0: a "Split" view of the BD and FP. Oh well...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,227 Views)

Uninstalled the NI package manager (despite its ominous threat of being cursed over 7 generations if I dared) and add to repair:

- Vision Development Module 2017

- Vision Development Module 2016 (not sure why)

- Some part of LabVIEW

... which unsurprisingly hit a snag at some point and forced me to cancel.

Luckily I am back in business, or so it seems.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,154 Views)