From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall of LabVIEW Student Edition 2013 on Mac

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently installed LabVIEW SE 2013 on MacOS 10.9.2. My goal is a working install of ROBOLAB for LabVIEW which is currently not working properly. My next idea is a complete uninstall and careful reinstall of required software.

The NI resources on the subject of uninstallation recommend using the uninstall.sh file on the install media to complete an uninstallation. My install media was a downloaded .mpkg file that includes neither an uninstall.sh file or an uninstall option in the installer. Any advice on how to proceed with a complete uninstall?

With the exception of the driver packages, can I assume that all the LabVIEW files end up in /Applications/National Instruments or are there other locations that end up with LabVIEW files in them?

Message 1 of 5
(3,715 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KelseyKennedy

According to this KnowledgeBase article the Uninstall script should be in the Extras folder. I have attached the file from my LV 2013 for Mac disk.

There are quite a few files in Library/Application Support and Library/Receipts as well as Applications.

Lynn

Message 2 of 5
(3,708 Views)

Lynn,

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply, especially the attachement of the shell script. My downloaded LabVIEW installer is a .mpkg installer file. There is no mountable disk image and therefore no location for the uninstaller script. I expect it is a simple oversight in recent electronic distribution of the installer. I'll give it a go and let you know what happens. 

Cheers,

Kelsey

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,701 Views)

Thanks again for the shell script. The uninstall and clean reinstall did not resolve the problem I was having but in was certainly a helpful troubleshooting step.

It worked well enough but left a few stragglers around. Fortunately, the script itself provides a handy list of files that need removing. I noticed at least one typo (coom.ni.ServiceLocator.plist for instance should be com.ni.ServiceLocator.plist) that caused a file not to to be removed. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,654 Views)

Kelsey,

I think the uninstall script errs on the side of caution because some things are shared among multiple NI programs. If it thinks you may need the file for some other program, it may not remove it.

Since you have makred this thread as solved, you should probably start a new thread about the remaining problem. Many people pay little attention to threads marked as solved. Please be as specific as you can about what you are trying to do, what does not work (and how you know it is not working), what you have tried to fix it, and any other relevant details.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,643 Views)