From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Labview after Silently installation

I installed Labview 7.1 using the silently installation and I need to do an uninstall like this (Using a .BAT file), for the Silently installation I used the Spec files attached.

In order to have a complete custom installation I also had to run separate the device drivers setup with its own spec file.

I already tried to uninstall using this same spec files changing for each feature to = Absent (This is suppose to remove if installed) but it doesn't completely uninstall. The Data Socket and the NI Spy remain.

Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,223 Views)
Hello EJPEREZ,

You mentioned that you also did a silent intstallation of the device drivers. Are you silently uninstalling the device drivers as well, or you uninstalling LabVIEW only? If you are uninstalling the device drivers as well, in which order are you uninstalling things (and in which order did you install them as well). It might be helpful if you could attach the spec file for the device drivers too.

Thank you,
E.Lee
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,205 Views)
Thank you E.Lee for your fast response.

I do need to uninstall the Device Drivers, I use exactly the same spec files only changing the option to = Absent. I tried uninstalling first Labview and then Device Drivers and also tried uninstalling first Device Drivers and then Labview.

I am attaching the spec file for the device drivers, both spec files (Lanview and Device Drivers) are just the same I use to install and uninstall.

Efrain J. Perez
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,203 Views)
Hello EJPEREZ,

I found the following Knoweldge Base article which might be useful.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CBDAA88478F7179C86256E36001BE050?OpenDocument

Attached to the article is a list of all the feature keys that install with our DAQ driver. If you look at the file, you will see feature keys for NI Spy and Data Socket. Try adding these features to your uninstall file to explicitly remove them.

Hope this helps,
E.Lee
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,178 Views)
I tried adding the Features from the attached files but it still not remove everything.

I also found the uninst.exe at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\NIUninstaller is there a way to use this uninst.exe from comand line with parameters to unisntall everything?

Thank You again.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,175 Views)
Hello EJPEREZ,

I don't think there is a way to use the uninst.exe from the command line. I am currently reproducing the behavior you are seeing on one of our test machines and I will let you know if I find a viable solution or workaround for this issue.

Thanks for your patience,
E.Lee
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,154 Views)
Hello EJPEREZ,

After further investigation, it appears that DataSocket is still present on the system because the LabVIEW Runtime Engine is still installed. To verify this, open the control panel, double-click on add/remove programs, select National Instruments Software, click on change and you will see a list of National Instruments Software that is installed on the computer. You can use this method to find out which NI Software product is leaving NI Spy on your computer as well.

Uninstalling the LabVIEW Runtime Engine will remove DataSocket from your computer. The way to do this from the command line is to use msiexec and the LabVIEW Runtime Engine MSI file. The command will look something like "path:\>msiexec /quiet /uninstall lvruntimeeng.msi" depending on your preferences and file locations. MSIexec is a Microsoft Windows utility and you can get more information about it on there website (http://www.microsoft.com). If you need more information about the commmand line parameters for msiexec, just type in "msiexec" in the command line and hit the "enter" key. The LabVIEW Runtime Engine msi can be found on your installation cd in the "components\lvruntimeeng\" folder.

Make sure you run this command AFTER you do the core uninstallation using the "setup.exe LVspect.txt /q" operation. Then you can use msiexec to uninstall the program that is leaving NI Spy on your computer.

I hope this helps,
E.Lee
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,143 Views)