LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall LabView and all associated programs

I am trying to uninstall LabView so that I can reinstall it.  I have attached 1 images and 1 video for reference.  When I try to uninstall the software through control panel, the error message appears and then nothing happens.  When I try to uninstall through program files --> National Instruments --> shared --> NIUninstall, the error message appears then nothing happens.  The video is what happens whenever I try to open any of the VIs or any of the the NI software.  Thank you for any guidance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(638 Views)

The "safe" way to uninstall all National Instruments Software is as follows:

1. Open Control Panel, "Add and Remove Programs".
  2. Find National Instruments Software, select it, and choose "Remove All".
  3. This should start NIPM.  Use it to select everything for Removal.  Do not try to get it to select itself (it should not let you do this).
  4. Let it remove everything it can.  Reboot, and repeat this procedure.
  5. When you do it the second time, check and see if there are buttons at the top of the Selection area that hint at other items that NIPM isn't showing you.  Find and remove them if the first pass didn't do this.
  6. Only when you are sure everything else except NIPM is removed (according to NIPM), ask NIPM to remove itself.  You'll get a warning, but if you've made it this far, it should be safe.
  7. After the final reboot, do one more Control Panel pass.  In some circumstances that I've seen (maybe with older versions of LabVIEW), there may be items still to be removed "the old-fashioned way".  Go ahead and remove them.

It may be that this procedure doesn't work for you, perhaps because you "aggressively" tried to remove NI Software (say, by deleting files and folders, and/or messing with the Registry).  This happened to me (i.e. I did this, twice).  The "fix" was the following (which worked, by the way):

1. Backup your Profile and important files on the C: drive (Data, not Programs).
  2. Get a list of the Software you have installed and want to run, with their licenses.
  3. Reformat the C: drive.
  4. Reinstall Windows 10.
  5. Reinstall all your Software.
  6. Reinstall all your Data and your Profile.
  7. Be more careful "next time" about removing all NI Software.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(629 Views)