From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhide a control or indicator?

I'm in LabVIEW 8.6.1f1 and am having a hard time figuring out how to unhide a control or indicator.  I have the need for an input for a SubVI that pops up a dialog box, and I don't want that control visible to the end user.  I right-click the control on the front panel, browse to Advanced->Hide Control.  Poof, the control is gone but I can still link it to a terminal on the SubVI icon and access its data in the block diagram.  Perfect.

Now I want to make the control visible again and I'm a little loss on how to do this.  If I double click the representation of the control on the block diagram LabVIEW takes me to the front panel with the control selected but dimmed out.  Following the same right-click menu in the Advanced menu I would have suspected to see the "Hide Control" menu selection with a little check-box... this isn't the case.  I see "Hide Control" but when I click on that the control stays hidden.  I've browsed through most of the options and can't find an option to unhide a control.  Please help.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
(13,532 Views)
Right click the terminal in the diagram. One of the options is "Show Control".

Right-click on the terminal and select 'show indicator'
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(13,527 Views)
Oh excellent.  Not sure why I had "unhide" in my mind when "show" is a perfectly good antonym to "hide."  Reminds me of when I was trying to find the "Arrange By" options for a folder in Finder in Mac OS X and it was under "Sort By".  Blind to the obvious.  Thanks guys!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(13,500 Views)

I typically don't hide elements. It is sufficient to place them outside the visible area and configure the windows properties so the front panel cannot be scrolled or resized at runtime.

Message 5 of 5
(5,832 Views)