From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected mouse cursor on picture indicator - BUG ?

Hello All,

I noticed a strange behavior when moving the mouse cursor over a picture indicator in a running VI. The expected cursor symbol would be the hand, but it is the cursor symbol of the last tool used in the icon editor. I suppose, this is not occurring in the runtime engine, so it's no problem with the customer, but it's not nice.

Working with LV2010, Win7, 32 bit.

Greets, Dave
Message 1 of 7
(2,606 Views)

Hello Dave,

I am an Applications Engineer from National Instruments UK.

Thank you for this post. Wouldn you be able to send me the code that this happened in and/or the steps to reproduce this problem so that I am able to check whether this is a problem with LabVIEW itself? I would be very grateful for this.

Thank you again.

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,599 Views)

Same here (LV2010 SP1). It's kind of funny to have a pipette cursor on the picture indicator, but definitely not expected behavior.

Bug is not present in LV8.5 (old icon editor).

@David: what more information than given in dave's post do you need to reproduce this issue? Have you tried?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,593 Views)

Hello Dan,

I have tried to replicate the issue but haven't found the same occurence so I was wondering if there was something that I had missed or something else that was not included in the original message. I am using LV2011 so it is possible that the problem has been resolved but it would still be nice to check.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,585 Views)

Hallo David,

I made this VI to illustrate the problem. Attached are screenshots.

Mouse 1.png

Mouse 2.png

Mouse 3.png

Greets, Dave
Message 5 of 7
(2,580 Views)

Hello Dave,

Having found your report to be true, I have reported it as a Corrective Action Request (CAR) which is how we report bugs internally. Thanks you very much for this post, it has been both helpful and interesting.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,568 Views)

Thank You, David

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,565 Views)