LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected mouse cursor on picture indicator - BUG ?

Hello All,

I noticed a strange behavior when moving the mouse cursor over a picture indicator in a running VI. The expected cursor symbol would be the hand, but it is the cursor symbol of the last tool used in the icon editor. I suppose, this is not occurring in the runtime engine, so it's no problem with the customer, but it's not nice.

Working with LV2010, Win7, 32 bit.

Greets, Dave
Message 1 of 7
(2,587 Views)

Hello Dave,

I am an Applications Engineer from National Instruments UK.

Thank you for this post. Wouldn you be able to send me the code that this happened in and/or the steps to reproduce this problem so that I am able to check whether this is a problem with LabVIEW itself? I would be very grateful for this.

Thank you again.

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,580 Views)

Same here (LV2010 SP1). It's kind of funny to have a pipette cursor on the picture indicator, but definitely not expected behavior.

Bug is not present in LV8.5 (old icon editor).

@David: what more information than given in dave's post do you need to reproduce this issue? Have you tried?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,574 Views)

Hello Dan,

I have tried to replicate the issue but haven't found the same occurence so I was wondering if there was something that I had missed or something else that was not included in the original message. I am using LV2011 so it is possible that the problem has been resolved but it would still be nice to check.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,566 Views)

Hallo David,

I made this VI to illustrate the problem. Attached are screenshots.

Mouse 1.png

Mouse 2.png

Mouse 3.png

Greets, Dave
Message 5 of 7
(2,561 Views)

Hello Dave,

Having found your report to be true, I have reported it as a Corrective Action Request (CAR) which is how we report bugs internally. Thanks you very much for this post, it has been both helpful and interesting.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,549 Views)

Thank You, David

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,546 Views)