From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected folders after build

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've just performed a build operations. The source code contains LV Report generation toolkit VIs. Instead of expected one exe file I received six subbfolders with Report generation toolkit VIs. 

How can I build one exe only?

K.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,085 Views)

Probably you created a "Source Distribution" build specification instead of an "Application (EXE)" build specification.

Try creating a new build specification for an application.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,082 Views)

I made Application (EXE) build specification.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,073 Views)

On the advanced tab of the build instructions try unchecking the Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout.  I'm not 100% certain, but I think that'll force everything into the EXE.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,062 Views)

There is no option like that.

I'm using LV8.6

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,058 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MimiKLM

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  Prior to 8.x, LabVIEW didn't support classes, lvlib, etc. so every VI name had to be unique.  When NI introduced classes and lvlib, LabVIEW now had the ability to open VIs with the same name as long as they existed in different classes or lvlibs.

The problem was that they didn't really address this in the EXE build, so the workaround was to create a directory structure mimicking the lvlib or class and the EXE would call the code in the subdirectories.

In LV2009, NI fixed this by creating virtual folders inside the EXE, so you could get back to having all the code inside one EXE.  The flag Wart mentions will cause LV2009 and later to build the EXE the way LV 8.x built it.

So, if you are using LV8.x, you don't really have any choice.  They are ways to mask it a little bit.  I did the method here.  It at least makes it look a little bit better on disk.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,054 Views)