LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined header found in Agilent E4405B

I passed a command using Visa Write :SENSe:MONitor:CHANnel:BANDwidth:RESolution 100000 but i received an error from the spectrum analyzer screen which is ...

Undefined header

Definition: The header is syntactically correct, but it is undefined for this specific device. For example,

*XYZ is not defined for any device.

How do i solve this problem?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,064 Views)
I did a quick look at the Core Spectrum Analyzer Functions manual and cannot find that command. There is SEN:BAND <freq> command. There are several programming manuals so if you could specify where you got that command from, it would help. You should also contact Agilent. You have a problem that is not related to LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,039 Views)
Problem solved. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,028 Views)

If I might inquire, what was the cause of the undefined header?  I'm having a similar problem with an Agilent Signal Generator.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,800 Views)

Hi,

How do you resolved the issue?

Thanks

Julio

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,277 Views)

@JAM072021 wrote:

Hi,

How do you resolved the issue?

Thanks

Julio

By using the correct commands as documented in the Programmers Reference Manual for your specific device. Just because your device says it supports SCPI, doesn't mean it uses the same commands as another similar device from a different manufacturer (and sometimes even from the same manufacturer).

SCPI only norms some basic parts of how to communicate with the instrument, but doesn't require the exact command tree, only that the commands should be structured in a tree. If the measurement system is called SENSE or MEASUREMENT for instance is quite arbitrary and depends on the manufacturer. Also these commands consist of a mandatory part which always needs to be written out and usually is written in uppercase and the rest is optional, but some devices only support the mandatory syntax or the full optional syntax, while other devices will accept any number of characters from the optional syntax between 0 and the maximum of the command.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,250 Views)