cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use my GPIB device with labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I successfully installed my GPIB card but now i am facing another issue. When i try to import the device recognised by Visia (picture 1) it doens't appear.

My device is a tektroniks function generator. I barely need 2 functions: Changing Frequence, kind of wave and amplitude. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,869 Views)

Ivanhe,

Please make sure the NI-MAX list outs your GPIB Instrument.

-John Theodore
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,863 Views)

John,

Attached you can see a prompt of NI MAX. I manually connected my device 'cause i am using GPIB -> Ethernet adapter.

Successfully recognised, dunno why not appears in labview.

Anyway, do you if there is any manual about how work with GPIB, pretty lost in that area, just want to do the simple stuff i said in first post.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,856 Views)
Solution
Accepted by crossrulz

Tektronix adapter?  I think you need to go to your NI-VISA under the software section in MAX.  Then under VISA Options, there is a section for Passports.  I am fairly certain you need to enable the Tulip passport.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,852 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Tektronix adapter?  I think you need to go to your NI-VISA under the software section in MAX.  Then under VISA Options, there is a section for Passports.  I am fairly certain you need to enable the Tulip passport.

I have to agree with Cross here, you will find that the only VISA passport that is NOT enabled by default is the one passport that is required to get any other brand besides NI GPIB interface to work with LabVIEW.

Conspiracy? 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,844 Views)

Tektroniks... Holy sh...

Thank you all, attached you can see. Now it appears named as i already did in NI MAX lol. Really thanks.

Btw, is there any tutorial how operate when i already have the tool online Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,836 Views)