LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Contents in Block Diagram(Labview Version 13.0)

Solved!
Go to solution

The block diagram alone is 22+MB! Also, the origin is reported near to start near coordinate -25700. 

mem.png

The front panel also seems way off-center, with toptleft at ~=15k,-15k. For example if you do a "select all", there are cutoff outlines outside the scrollable area.

altenbach_0-1575963999014.png

If you do a "select all" on the front panel and paste it into a new VI, you get tons of terminals in one big pile.

If you do the same on the diagram, LabVIEW stops responding and the front panel gets many, many screens big ( ~10x is width and height, judging from the scrollbars). I let it at "not responding" for a while and finally LabVIEW 2019 crashed. I won't try to re-open this VI.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,188 Views)

It will be interesting when you post the "before this happened" version of the VI. Then we can help you avoid getting into this situation again.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,183 Views)

Have you managed to tick the VI option to Remove block diagram? If so, i do hope you're using SCC.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,176 Views)

I am hearing SCC term first time in this forum.Is there any link so I could know more about it.I didn't find SCC in my Lab view Project.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,172 Views)

I suspected that. Here's a starting point. 

But you have regular backups at least?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,168 Views)

I don't have recent back up. I did lot of implementations in this file.please help me to resolve this issue with this file.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,169 Views)

@avana2006 wrote:

I am hearing SCC term first time in this forum.Is there any link so I could know more about it.I didn't find SCC in my Lab view Project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_Code_Control_System

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,143 Views)

Hi avana,

@avana2006 wrote:

I don't have recent back up.

So it's all your fault.

Use the "not so recent" backup and start again to implement your changes, but now in a more sensible way…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,116 Views)
Solution
Accepted by avana2006

The while loop on your VI hit the size limit which causes all sorts of trouble.  Easy enough to fix.  

You are playing with fire with this huge BD (and the locals, and the sequences).  I'd suggest you take a deep breath, study a few LV tutorials, and then start working to shrink the code.

Message 19 of 22
(1,095 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

, and then start working to shrink the code.

Oh, what a mess! It might be easier to start from scratch. Even bringing up the navigation windows takes 30 seconds and then the navigation image is corrupted. Diagram is sitll ~40k x 30k 😞

So. Much. Duplicate Code.

altenbach_1-1575994022439.png

Notice that the grey area does NOT resemble the window aspect ratio at all. Even on the diagram, the top while loop does not draw correctly, here's the upper right corner for example:

altenbach_2-1575994149852.png

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,081 Views)