LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Contents in Block Diagram(Labview Version 13.0)

Solved!
Go to solution

I am facing problem with block diagram.when I open(Control+E) the block diagram,unable to see it.
When I press the button from Front panel, it links to corresponding block in Block Diagram with some dotted lines(Block Diagram not visible).
I am still able to save and build the entire project and it seems working fine.I can search the text contents,which gives the search result.
Suggest me If I had pressed some shortcut and messed entire block diagram.
U can check that in attached image.Please help me with that.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(2,915 Views)

Attach the VI.  If you attach a picture of a blank VI, what do you think we can do with it?  Attach the actual VI, a file with the extension ".vi".  If you have an "older" version of the same file, attach all of them (you may have to rename the older ones).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(2,910 Views)

Looking at your picture it looks like you are not centered on your block diagram. You have selected a hidden control or indicator and it is way off of the screen. Try moving your scroll bars to find you code.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(2,909 Views)

It's also possible your block diagram elements have locations that are way too large such as beyond the limits of an I16 number (-32768 to 32767) and that causes corruptions when LabVIEW tries to display them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(2,895 Views)

Yes, attach the VI. But if you can not:

You have a very large BD (block diagram). Open the navigation window (ctrl+shift+N). You can move your view around by dragging the lighter region of it. Is you code somewhere to be found on the BD?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(2,873 Views)

Aha -- I wasn't thinking about the "Too Big Block Diagram".  Do attach the VI, but you can also "see for yourself" by doing the following:

1. Open the VI.
  2. On the Menu bar, click "View".
  3. From the Drop-down, click "Navigation Window".  It will show your entire VI, with the part on your Screen shown with a White background, and the stuff that's way off the screen shown with a Grey background.  You should see no gray!  If you see "lots of Gray", go find whatever is in the farthest Gray corner (you can click on the White area and drag it to that corner), click on the Object, and drag it (or cut/paste it) over to the rest of the Block Diagram code.
  4. Finally, resolve to never again create a Block Diagram bigger than a single Monitor Screen (the easiest way to accomplish this is to use sub-VIs to "encapsulate" code -- a sub-VI's Block Diagram can fill a 1920 x 1080 (or smaller) display, but takes up only 32 x 32 pixels as a sub-VI.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(2,871 Views)

Your object might be outside the valid (I16) range for the diagram coordinates. Details.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(2,811 Views)

I have attached the "vi" file for reference.please check and help me with that.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(2,784 Views)

That's weird, its like everything on the BD except the Tab-control is hidden. The hidden things can be selected and moved, but there is no structure hiding the code.

I think this would be a good time to revert from the latest version of your VI from your SCC.

"The VI" is 10 MB! That is enormous. Are you storing lots of data as default? Although it will not help the problem, its bad practice.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 9 of 22
(2,773 Views)

Hi avana,

quite interesting VI profile metrics:

check.png

The diagram is less than 60×60 pixels, but has more than 23000 wire sources…

(Also) my recommendation: get an older version of this VI from your SCC system. Or from your backup storage, when you don't use any SCC (which you really should!)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(2,761 Views)