From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run the example programms for the Multi Gas Controller 647C using a serial adapter

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to get the examples included with the drivers for the MKS Instruments Multi Gas Controller to run on my Laptop that is connected to said device via a serial adapter https://www.aten.com/global/en/products/usb-&-thunderbolt/usb-converters/uc232a/

The driver for the adapter as well as NI-VISA are properly installed, the port parameters are the same in all devices used,including in the examples (Baudrate 9600, no parity, no handshake/flow control, 7 data bits and 1 stopbit) and running the examples takes a while but doesn't lead to any error messages being put out. running example one doesn't lead to the values seen in the extended display being displayed and running example 2 doesn't seem to influence the values shown in the extended display.

I am also unable to communicate with the serial adapter via the VISA Testpanel and HyperTerminal, but I was previously able to call devices in labVIEW code without being able to do so.

The examples are attached at the bottom.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(592 Views)