From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run Vi, block diagram error

I can open the VI. from example code, but when I ran it. It said block diagram error, general error handler, Subvi is not executable. How can I solve it? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,019 Views)

Click on the broken arrow to show all errors. Then click on the lowest level VI to see what the error is. This is clearly explained in the LabVIEW Help. Did you read it?

Can't help you if you don't tell us what the error is.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,018 Views)

Sorry. This is the code in the attachment. The error is from the "simple error handler". What do I need to do to get it work? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,014 Views)

Those are DAQmx examples. Please provide a picture of the Error List window. There should be no reason why you're having a block diagram error with the General Error Handler unless you've corrupted you vilib folder.

NOTE: DO NOT POST BITMAPS. Post PNG or JPG. DO NOT CHANGE THE EXTENSION OF THE FILE TO GET AROUND THE BAN.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,997 Views)

Sorry. It shows problem at ERROR HANDLER. And there is a warning of DIalog Box. Does it mean my version (8.5.1) is too old to run the ERROR HANDLER?

Thanks a lot.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,978 Views)

Hi Jshen,

what is the error exactly? Which error message is shown when you try to run the code?

We already know how the error handler VI looks, but we don't know which error is shown to you!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 12
(2,972 Views)

The error shows on the ERROR handler. And there is a warning. When I delete the error handler it can run, I don't know if it is right or not.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,959 Views)

Where did you get those files? That shows that you downloaded an LLB that contained VIs from <vilib> (the LLB should not have been created that way). That is why you are getting those errors: LabVIEW is loading core VIs from that downloaded library, rather than from <vilib>. I don't know why you did that. If you want to look at DAQmx examples, then download and install DAQmx. Get rid of that library.

Message 8 of 12
(2,957 Views)

And I tried to run the same program on the other computer with the same version it can work. Is there any problem with the software installment? I tried other examples, it can not run, too. Thank a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,956 Views)

I don't know what is the library from. I did the software installment with the instruction. What can I do now? Should I install DAQmx driver again?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,954 Views)