From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read data from an excel document of 365*24 values ( all rounded to 4 decimal points)

I have an excel sheet containing data of hourly loads in MW( rounded to 4 decimals) of one year.  So, I have 365*24 values that I want to import to Labview using Read from spreadsheet.vi. However what i get in the output array is 0's and randomly some unit values at very few places. I have checked the array size of the output array and it shows different array sizes for different yearly data.

I am attaching the four excel spreadsheets .

Plz help me with the issue I am facing.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,480 Views)

You cannot read native Excel file format with Read From Spreadsheet File.vi. You can use AciveX automation, or convert the file in CSV-format and then use Read From Spreadsheet File.

There are a lot of examples in the forum of how this can be done.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,450 Views)

You sould look:

http://www.ni.com/example/28409/en/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,440 Views)

If you are using LabVIEW 2014, it includes the Report Generation Toolkit (which is also available as an add-on in earlier LabVIEW Versions).  This can read native Excel files, including .xlsx.  With a few functions (3 or 4, I think), you should be able to get the entire Table into a 2D array.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,413 Views)