LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read Voltage, Resistance, Temperature in a single scan in Keithley DAQ6510

Hi Team,

We are trying to read voltage, resistance and temperature which are connected on the separate channels of the Keithley DAQ6510 measurement unit through Labview application. The official driver from Keithley doesn't have option to read multiple function in a single scan. Which means it reads Voltage in all channels, in first scan. Resistance in all channels in second scan and so on. It creates a delay of 1 sec between each scan. It cause of overall delay of 3 sec after 3 scans. 

We have a requirement to read voltage, resistance and temperature within 1 sec which is possible if all the functions (voltage, resistance and temperature) are read in a single scan. Please let us know how can we group the channels with different functions in the NI applications to read all the channels in a single scan.

Thanks,

Denny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(605 Views)

I think it has an option to just spit out data in a stream without requesting it?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(596 Views)

We have a requirement to read voltage, resistance and temperature within 1 sec which is possible if all the functions (voltage, resistance and temperature) are read in a single scan. Please let us know how can we group the channels with different functions in the NI applications to read all the channels in a single scan.

The answer to your question lies in whether your instrument "is capable" of such a mixed scan, if yes, please share the commands, we would be glad to help you use those commands in LabVIEW. Beyond that, this question is not "LabVIEW's" capability but rather your instrument's.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(571 Views)

Hi Santosh,

SCPI commands are available in the below mentioned reference manual page 207, section 6-7. Kindly check and help.

https://download.tek.com/manual/DAQ6510-901-01_A_April_2018_Ref_DAQ6510-901-01A.pdf

We have verified that Hardware is able to read multiple function in a single scan using the front panel and also using the KickStart software from Tektronix.

Thanks,

Denny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(519 Views)