LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read Shared Variable

I have a LabVIEW project with a Real-Time PXI VI and a PC VI running on a private network. I have shared variables hosted on the PXI RT processer. Both the PXI VI and PC VI read and write to shared variables. The PC has two front panel bindings for each shared variable, and the PXI has one wiring diagram read node for each shared variable. Everything runs fine, but after about 24 hours, I lose the ability to read the variables. There is no error. When I connect with distributed system manager, the values shows good. If I update one of the PC’s front panel objects that is bound to the shared variable, the other front panel object and the PXI shared variable read node does not see the update, but the distributed system manager sees it. It appears the connections are unable to read, but able to write. No errors are shown on PSP LED. LV-2011 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,000 Views)

That's really weird!  Could it be some form of Firewall issue (though why it would change at 24 hours is a mystery)?  Can you try disabling the Firewall for your private network?  [I'm thinking that something in Windows "wakes up" (or is "woken up") once a day and resets things -- this is particularly likely if you are on a Domain that has an externally-impose Policy setting).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,982 Views)