LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to include IMAQdx development support to installer in LabVIEW 2019

Solved!
Go to solution

I created a runtime installer which includes LabVIEW, VISA, IMAQdx and Vision runtime for my application. Everything works fine in LV2018. But when I upgraded to LV2019, the installer shows that it could not find IMAQdx development support 18.0.

Image 3.png

Then I clicked OK, and thought maybe it will auto upgraded to version 19.0. However, it seems like I can't add or find NI-IMAQdx Development Support in LV2019.

Image 5.png

And I'm pretty sure I've installed VAS and IMAQdx driver correctly since I can see them in NI-MAX>Software.

Image 6.png

Can anyone provide feedback on this? Otherwise, we can't upgrade our customer's computer to LV2019. Because it can't then snap pictures or configure cameras in NI-MAX.

The attachment is the lvproj file which has the installer in Build Specifications.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,845 Views)

This might be related to the fact that IMAQ is a separately-licensed Product.  You get one license to use it on your development machine, but I can imagine that since you need an additional license to run software utilitizing VAS on another (unlicensed) PC, there may be problems creating an Installer.  [I recall when we naively tried to port one of our routines to a colleague's PC on which we had not installed a licensed copy of LabVIEW, as we were not developing there, our code would not run -- we ended up spending the hour hunting down the disks and doing the install ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,823 Views)

@Bob_Schor  已寫:

This might be related to the fact that IMAQ is a separately-licensed Product.  You get one license to use it on your development machine, but I can imagine that since you need an additional license to run software utilitizing VAS on another (unlicensed) PC, there may be problems creating an Installer.  [I recall when we naively tried to port one of our routines to a colleague's PC on which we had not installed a licensed copy of LabVIEW, as we were not developing there, our code would not run -- we ended up spending the hour hunting down the disks and doing the install ...].

Bob Schor

I think this issue is not related to licensing. We've successfully built the installer which includes IMAQdx in LV2018, and it worked fine on the target PC. And the IMAQdx module in target PC after installed remains in evaluate mode. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,793 Views)
Select Automatically select recommended installers and build once.
- Make sure you mass recompile the project and save it before building.
- read more here https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9BESA0&l=en-IN
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,781 Views)

@udka  已寫:
Select Automatically select recommended installers and build once.
- Make sure you mass recompile the project and save it before building.
- read more here https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9BESA0&l=en-IN

Have tried your solution, but still get the same result. My application can grab images or do vision processing properly, but I can't change camera properties or snap in NI-MAX.

I've found that during VAS August 2014 to VAS February 2015, NI only allowed the deployment of the runtime engine components. But from VAS August 2015 and onwards, NI added the ability to include full ADE support back. I'm wondering if NI has changed the behavior in LV2019 or not.

resource: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LlASAU&l=zh-TW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,766 Views)
After Mass Compiling did it remove the error on IMAQdx development support 18.0 ?
-Can you uncheck Automatic selction for additional installers and see now if you can add the IMAQdx development support 19.0 and Vision Runtime ?
-Post screenshot of checked and unchedked versions of option "Automatically select recommended installers"
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,753 Views)

@udka  已寫:
After Mass Compiling did it remove the error on IMAQdx development support 18.0 ?
-Can you uncheck Automatic selction for additional installers and see now if you can add the IMAQdx development support 19.0 and Vision Runtime ?
-Post screenshot of checked and unchedked versions of option "Automatically select recommended installers"

Automatically select checked(LV2019)Automatically select checked(LV2019)Automatically select unchecked(LV2019)Automatically select unchecked(LV2019)Automatically select unchecked(LV2018)Automatically select unchecked(LV2018)

As you can see, in LV2018 there's NI-IMAQ Development Support, but I can't find it in LV2019.

Now I have a temporary Hybrid solution:

1. Install the installer built by LV2019 

2. Install the installer built by LV2018 --> IMAQdx Development Support 18.0 will be installed.

Now the deployed computer can snap and modify camera attributes in NI-MAX. But this still doesn't solve why the installer can't include IMAQdx Development Support in LV2019.

Deployed Computer Installed SoftwareDeployed Computer Installed Software

Message 7 of 13
(3,749 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alan0428a

You could try creating a package* instead of an installer.  It looks like you can add the IMAQdx development version in a package's dependencies.

Package Dependencies.png

*Note that I haven't tried building packages yet, so I don't know if there are any caveats to going this route.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,715 Views)

I wouldn't expect VAS 2018 to show up in LV 2019.  It's an unsupported version (given it was developed afterwards).

If your 2019 installation is looking for 2018, something is wrong.  Do you have broken VIs due to the IMAQ functions being missing?  If not, you likely have 2019 installed.  

If you're showing a dependency on 2018, it sounds like you haven't rebuilt the executable (maybe?).  Try cleaning that out and rebuilding.  Does this look for 2019 instead?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,708 Views)

@TomOrr0W  已寫:

You could try creating a package* instead of an installer.  It looks like you can add the IMAQdx development version in a package's dependencies.

Package Dependencies.png

*Note that I haven't tried building packages yet, so I don't know if there are any caveats to going this route.

After a few tries, it works. Smiley Happy

The target computer now has IMAQdx development support. But still, don't know why the installer can't include IMAQdx development support.

Target computerTarget computer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,644 Views)