From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Multichannel output in LABVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

i got your point but can you send me a pic or .vi file please

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(995 Views)

I tried but still face same problem

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(995 Views)

@pdpanchal05 wrote:

I tried but still face same problem

• Run your VI until you get the error and the string shows in the indicator.
  • Stop the VI.
  • Select the string indicator and "menu...edit...make selected values default".
  • Save the VI under a new name and attach it again
  • Now we can actually try to reproduce your problem. (for example, we cannot tell if there are hidden characters from a picture).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(989 Views)

can you find that where i make a mistake ?
still not getting a data using Spreadsheet String to array

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(988 Views)

You keep attaching useless pictures instead of the VI as instructed.

• The format should be %d, not some long string.
  • We cannot tell what your "delimiter" is, but it does not look like an string containing a space only. (Still, these are not characters that even appear in your input string).
  • The type needs to be a 1D I32 array. (If you leave it blank, you get a 2D DBL array)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(987 Views)

here is the both vi files

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(984 Views)

Sorry, I won't be near a computer for a while. Hopefully somebody else can look at it.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(979 Views)

Just like altenbach said, for the Spreadsheet String to Array function, the delimiter should be a single space character, not the string "apostrophe space apostrophe" like you wired to it, and the format string should be just a single "%d", not three of them separated by spaces. You need to tell the function that a single space is what separates values, and that each individual value is formatted as a decimal integer, so that it can correctly parse your received string.

Also, if you have a choice in the matter I would recommend sending a termination character at the end of your sequence of numbers, so the VISA Read knows when to stop waiting, instead of timing out. The default, as you have it configured, is a linefeed character.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(974 Views)

Hi pd,

every single item in the image is important:

check.png

Using a NULL byte as delimiter was a bad decision. It will give you headache when trying the same with other programming languages! Better use a comma, semicolon, or even a real SPACE…

Why did you try a delimiter of ' ' (including quotation marks) in your VI???

Is this really your "final year" homework?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(958 Views)