LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get DAQ Assistant in Labview for cDAQ 9184

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to build a data acquisition system with a NI cDAQ 9184. I installed the drivers for the system and am able to get to the DAQ system using NI Max (under My System - Devices and Interfaces - Network Devices) and all channels appear good, however, I tried to follow the procedure in http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11703/en/#toc2 to integrate my system with LabView and I am unable to find the software tab under the device to be able to write the RIO 3.5.1 on the device and unable to locate the device through the LabView project.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,909 Views)

Are you using a 9184 or a 9148?

The 9184 (which you put in your title and post) is a cDAQ, so it does not use RIO at all.  It just uses DAQmx.

A 9148 (which is what is mentioned in the link you gave) is a (soon to be obsolete) Ethernet RIO Expansion chassis.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,907 Views)

I am actually using a 9184, i did try to use the DAQmx, within the DAQ assistant I went into voltage but it said no connected devices.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,898 Views)
What modules do you have in the chassis?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,889 Views)

9201 and 9211. Also I found something more while trying to fix the problem myself, the DAQ assistant doesn't find the device if the chasis is not deserved through NI Max thats the reason I wasn't able to find it initially, but if I do reserve the chasis through NI Max I get run time error that the device is reserved and thus cannot take reading.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,847 Views)

Here are the errors i get

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,835 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarim

Your real problem is error -50103.  It is a common error and you can find the answers for it if you search the forums.

The problem is you can't have multiple tasks (or multiple DAQ assistants) all trying to access the same device at the same time.

Make one DAQ assistant that has all the channels defined that you want to acquire.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,828 Views)

Thanks yea that solves the problem

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,806 Views)