LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to drag cursor when graph is zoomed in on up to some point

I am unable to drag the cursor once the graph is zoomed in with the graph pallette zoom in tabs up to a certain size. Any ideas on why and how to get around this would be greatly appreciated.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,560 Views)

Hi Blessedk,

Right click on your cursor and choose bring to the center.

Regards

Sabri JATLAOUI - Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,514 Views)
This didn't work for me; unless there something i am missing. All my cursors are vertical (X). Clicking "Bring to center" simply added one horizontal line crossing all my cursors but still won't let me drag my cursors at that zoom in scale

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,476 Views)

Is your cursor locked to a plot that has points too far apart for that zoom level perhaps?

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,464 Views)

If you go to the properties of the graph on the cursor tab, pick the cursor that is stuck, and find the "Allow dragging" parameters, if you change it to "Free dragging" does it fix the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,448 Views)
All cursors are free to drag by definition. They drag when the zoom less than the zoom size of interest to me

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,443 Views)

Any chance you can post a VI that comes with cursors on and the graph pre-zoomed to a point where dragging doesn't work for you?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,433 Views)

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem with the xy graph.

I've attached a very simple VI, simply displaying one xy plot.

The cursor is set to "Single-Plot" so it always trys to snap on to a sample point.

Just use the zoom-in tool to zoom in the graph, and try to use the "Bring To Center" function by right click on the Cursor in legend.

Once you have zoomed in "too much", the "Bring To Center" function no longer works.

Sometimes the horizontal portion of the cursor may appear, but the verticle portion does not.

Draging the horizontal portion of the cursor up and down often causes the scale to change unexpectedly, which is very annoying as you will have to zoom out enough to use the "Bring To Center" function to reclaim the cursor in the field of view.

Please advise if this is a known bug or some settings that I've missed.

Thanks.

Jimmy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,198 Views)

HI J.chen,

My advice is, if a méthod do not fit your needs, recreate your method.

For exemple, each time you zoom on your grap you can use the event "Scale Range Change" to obtain graph références.

This reference can give you with a property node X and Y scale min and max.

If you create a Menu item on the graph shortcut Menu activation, you cand add your own "bring to center".

Then do opération on the shortcut menu selection to perform a bring to center with the new scales.

Regards.

Sabri JATLAOUI - Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,184 Views)

Hi Sabri,

Thank you for your advice.

Yes that would work, I was just wondering if this cursor behaviour is a known issue and will be fixed in future labview. It will be great if we don't have to reinvent the wheel.

One advantage of the built-in cursor is that it snaps onto a plot, and tells you the information of the plot. I have about a thousand plots in one graph where I normally use the cursor to select the odd one and figuring out which plot it is without having to do any programming.

Thanks again for your advice 🙂

Jimmy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,181 Views)