From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download NI elvismx driver

has anyone seen an error titled: "An error occurred when installing a package: NI-labview-2018-runtime-engine-x86(18.6.4.49152-0+f0) Please check your internet connection and try again" 

My internet is just fine, as I can run my browser and all other network required applications. I am trying to download this on a PC running windows 10 (couple driver updates needed, but shouldn't be an issue as they are related to adobe flash). My storage space is over 250gb. I'm not sure what else to do, I called support and they gave me an email that doesn't exist. And I cant seem to file a service request report. Any advice is greatly appreciated! As I have class with this software on Monday. Thank you!

Below is a screenshot of the error 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(970 Views)

you can email me at hampstentyler@gmail.com if this is a faster option, as i am unsure of how to navigate this site very well 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(969 Views)

There is nothing wrong with your Internet.  Installing LabVIEW is difficult, and has gotten more difficult with the release of the NI Package Manager for doing installation with the release of LabVIEW 2017.

I (and others) have written numerous responses in the Forum about how to install LabVIEW without errors.  It starts by a careful removal of all NI software (and by "careful", I mean if you do it by "brute force", you will never be able to install LabVIEW without wiping your hard drive and reinstalling Windows).

The "secret" to installing LabVIEW is to do it was we did it 12 years ago -- one module at a time, with reboots in between, and installing Device Drivers last.  There was a period (from around 2012 through 2016) when you could choose everything from the beginning, and NI would install things in the correct order, but NIPM undid all of this.

Do some searches on the Forum covering the last month or two, looking for solutions involving installing LabVIEW.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(925 Views)