LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete ini file created after building exe file

After creating an executable file in LabVIEW (8.2) project, I'm unable to delete INI file.  The following is the error message I'm getting:

Error Deleting File or Folder
Cannot delete TMDV MONITOR: Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use

any idea?

thank you

Gabriel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,582 Views)

What is your OS?

(see e.g. vista issues: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5538. make sure to upgrade to 8.2.1 if you run vista, because 8.20 is no vista compatible)

Is it possible you still have the file open, e.g. in some text editing program?

Message 2 of 4
(2,559 Views)
Hi Gabriel,

I'm just going to guess at this one.  This may not lead to a long term solution, but it might at least let you delete your file for now.

1. Silly question - did you try exiting LabVIEW and attempting to delete the file again? 

2. If that doesn't work, maybe try restarting the "explorer" process from task manager or Process Explorer. (The explorer process is the Windows UI.  In XP, it should start right back up again within a second or two.  If it doesn't restart and your taskbar is eerily absent, from task manager select File->New Process and enter "explorer")  Once explorer comes back up try deleting the file again.

3. If that doesn't work, check in task manager again to see if your compiled executable is somehow running in the background.  It could also be accessing that file.

4. If all else fails, there's always the old reboot.

It sounds to me like a process is locking the file you're trying to delete.  I sure hope this helps you somehow.

Jim

Message 3 of 4
(2,546 Views)
Hi Gabriel et al,
      This looks a lot like the .ini a LabVIEW app always creates - aren't  we stuck with this file?
(Even if we could delete it, wouldn't it just get created again?)

Cheers.
"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
Message 4 of 4
(2,523 Views)