LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to control remote panel

Hi,
    Sorry about posting this question as I did a search through the forums and found similair questions before but cant seem to find the problem. Im publishing a VI that I want to open and control the remote panel through a web browser, I have selected allow access and control under Tools >> Options >> Web Browser Access << Allow Viewing and Controlling.  I used * for the browser address and i have the two green check marks. I have Enable Web server checked under Web Server Configurations, and im allowing access to Web Server Visable Vis using * as the currently selected VI. I am able to open the remote panel through a web server, however it will not let me control it. Ive read through the Remote Panel Tutorial and i thought i had followed it word for word but perhaps im wrong, any help would be apprecaited.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,241 Views)

Hi,

I have seen problems where control is not automatically granted with remote panels. This problem usually occurs because your web browser is using a cached version of the files. To fix this, clear your browser's cache.

In Firefox 1.5, navigate to Tools»Options»Privacy»Cache and select Clear Cache Now.
In Internet Explorer 6.x, navigate to Tools»Internet Options»General and select Delete Files.

Also, though you may have already done so, it would not harm to check and see if you followed all the steps outllined in the following document :

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361A-01/lvhowto/viewfrntpnlrmtlyusnglv/

Regards,

Ankita Agarwal

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,226 Views)