LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to communicate with Tektronix TDS3032C in LabVIEW

Tektronix TDS 3032C Oscilloscope uses Ethernet connectivity. In NI MAX and LabVIEW VISA IO resource, the TDS 3032C is detecting. But unable to communicate in LabVIEW. Instrument driver, all NI Drivers installed.But same problem

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,547 Views)

Can you communicate with the instrument in MAX?  Can you share your code?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,505 Views)

Unable to communicate in NI MAX. I have attached the LabVIEW coding (This coding is download from NI, but unable to communicate with TDS3032C)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,483 Views)

@phoenix-karthik wrote:

Unable to communicate in NI MAX.

You really need to solve this issue first.  This tells me you have a connection issue.  What IP address is your computer using?  What IP address is the oscilloscope set to?  What subnets do you have these set to?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,475 Views)

PC IP - 169.254.108.87

Instrument IP- 169.254.108.88

Subnet mask - 255.255.0.0

Port number - 80

I can able to ping to instrument IP.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,471 Views)

What VISA name are you using?  Did you try using the VISA discovery in MAX?  Is the oscilloscope set up to accept commands through the Ethernet port (it sticks in my mind that you had to set this somewhere in the utility options)?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,466 Views)

I have installed both NI VISA and TekVISA in my PC. In my application i have to communicate with three Instuments (DMM, AFG and Oscilloscope). When both VISA (NI and Tek) installed, I can able to communicate with AFG and DMM and When only TekVISA installed, I can able to communicate with Oscilloscope only. This conflict occurs.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,451 Views)

Uninstall the TekVISA.  It is not needed.  I have talked to that same model with just the NI VISA over both GPIB and Ethernet without an issue.

Alternatively you could go into MAX, expand the tree on the left to get to My System->Software->NI VISA XX.X (XX.X = version you have installed).  Then in the main window's tree go to General Settings->Passports.  Make sure the NI-VISA Passport for Tulip is checked.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,441 Views)

You say that the setting is for port 80.  I'm pretty sure port 80 is for the device's internal web server, and if you're trying to send commands to that it won't work.  Don't set it up as a raw socket, set it up as a VXI-11 LAN instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,437 Views)

But the instrument is not detecting in VXI-11 Auto detect of manual entry. Is there any Driver needs to be installed for VXI Connectivity?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,424 Views)