From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to communicate to the module Error

Hello.

I'm using an RT target with a NI 9477 digital outputs module.

The RT target is in Scan engine mode. Everything is well deployed on the RT target.

The first step of my application is testing inputs/outputs to check if all modules connected to my RT target are responding. If so, the application continues. If modules don't respond, I'm doing a rebbot of the RT target using Restart.vi.

Sometimes my application get the following error :

12/14/16 03:22:58 PM : Error -65536 happened in : Shared Variable in BTO_RT_GEN_TestCRIO.vi->BTO_RT_MAIN.vi

Possible reasons :

CompactRIO: (Hex 0xFFFF0000) Unable to communicate with the module. Reinsert the module and check connections. If the chassis is in FPGA Interface programming mode, make sure you have opened an FPGA reference to a bitfile or FPGA VI with Scan Interface support for the module you are trying to access using the Scan Interface.

This error or warning occurred while writing the following Shared Variable:
\\cRIO-9068\Digital Outputs\Alim switch ETH_FO_1 --> one of my digital outputs
\\localhost\Digital Outputs\Alim switch ETH_FO_1

As the error happenned, I'm making a reboot using Restart.vi.

The reboot function doesn't work and I get the following error :

12/14/16 03:23:06 PM : Error -2147220308 s'est produite à : nisyscfg.lvlib:Restart.vi:1680001

Possibles reasons :

NI System Configuration: (Hex 0x800404AC) Could not contact remote target. Ensure that the system is online.

Do you have solutions for these issues ? It seems that the two errors are linked ?

I attached the vi that test modules.

Thanks for you help !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,146 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,071 Views)