LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add product serial number during install

After launching setup for LabView Developer Suite 2014 (ver DS2) on Win7 laptop, I received "An error occurred on the server..." message when I attempted to load my product serial number.  Screen shot is attached.   Not off to a jolly good start, eh?  New user, LV is brand new DVD set just unwrapped.  Any assistance is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,986 Views)

Is it attached to the network?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,956 Views)

Hi billko,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I am connected to the network and am attempting to load LV on the same laptop I am posting this message from.  It does beg the question though...perhaps firewall or something IT related is preventing it from going out.  I will try doing this from home tonight.

ceco3

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,949 Views)

Good luck!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,940 Views)

Bill,

Thanks for the nudge, I was able to successfully load LV from home.  It seems there is a firewall restriction of some sort here at work.

I greatly appreciate that you took the time to help the newbie out.  I look forward to future encounters here on the forum.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,899 Views)

@ceco3 wrote:

Bill,

Thanks for the nudge, I was able to successfully load LV from home.  It seems there is a firewall restriction of some sort here at work.

I greatly appreciate that you took the time to help the newbie out.  I look forward to future encounters here on the forum.

I'm glad that I at least was able to get you thinking in the right direction.  It may or may not be something with the firewall at work (athough it sure seems like it is) but at least it got you to try it from somewhere else and it worked.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,875 Views)