cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add RT Watchdog subpalette

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I've been researching watchdog options for my RT target, and found a good starting point in the built-in examples (Watchdog - RT Engine.lvproj).  When opening the VI on the example, I see that the Real-Time palette includes a subpalette called RT Watchdog.  However, when working with my normal VI, the subpalette does not appear in the Real-Time palette.  

I've read the instructions for editing subpalettes, and they appear to work for other menus, but not the Real-Time menu.  I see that in the two different instances, the path to the palette files is different (shown below).

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\Targets\NI\RT\generic\menus\Categories\Real-Time

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\menus\Categories\Real-Time

When attempting to point to the alternate directory, slots for each of the additional VIs are loaded, but the are populated with the big "?", rather than the VI icon.  I've also tried lining the entire Real-Time palette to the alternate directory, but with the same result.

Is there anything special about this situation that would cause this behavior?  Please advise.  Thanks.

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,350 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GSinMN

Hi GSinMN,

that function palette is only visible when the VI is placed in the RT part of your LabVIEW project!

You can notice the target of the VI in the lower left window border of the frontpanel at editing time:

check.png

"Mein Computer" is "My computer" in English. Here you should read the name of your RT target, then you should be able to use all RT functions!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,338 Views)

Hello GerdW,

Thanks for the quick response.  Glad to know it was something simple.  

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,330 Views)