From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install Real-Time module on MAX for Compact RIO NI-9082

Hi everyone,

I realise that this question has been posted already on the forum, (http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Compact-RIO-NI-9082-Configuration-in-MAX-Unable-to-Save/td-p/2516116... Indeed I am continuing on from Ya-Wei's work and am working on the exact cRIO-9082 mentioned in the original post. Unfortunately I need to set up cRIO-9082 as a real time target and not on the Windows embedded platform. This means the suggested solution does not address my problem and I am now back at square one.

The following is the original problem posted by Ya-Wei:

I've been trying to set up a new cRIO the NI-9082. Currently, I am able to see the cRIO under 'Remote Devices' in MAX and view configurations. However, two errors are occurring:

1). When I try to change setting such as hostname and press 'save' a warning pops up saying "There was a problem saving the settings to the target. Make sure your hardware is powered on and hat it is connected to the network". I've attached an image below.

2). At the same time, when I try to install software onto the cRIO by right-clicking 'software' and selecting 'add/remove software' and run the 'LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard', another error pops up: "Error: the harddrive n the remote system is either full or encountered an I/O error." I've also attached an image below.

The cRIO is powered on with 'DISABLE RT' toggled OFF. It is connected to the network via an Ethernet cable. This connection looks fine however I look at it. (The Ethernet port connection light is flashing continuously indication activity etc.) It is from the PC which is connected to the same network, that I am trying to interface with the cRIO. The cRIO displays the correct IP address assigned through the network.

Additional information that I would like to add:

1) The firewall on the host PC has been disabled, or at least I think it already has been.

2) The Status LED on cRIO-9082 keeps blinking twice every few seconds. According to the operating instructions and specifications (page 31, http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375714a.pdf), the chassis has detected error in the software. I am unsure if the blinking is the root of this problem or is simply an indication of this problem mentioned.

Hopefully the attachments provided should provide more information as to what's happening.

Apologies if I haven't supplied sufficient information to solve this problem, but if anyone might be able to explain why I might be encountering these two problems under these circumstances, help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

Lawrence

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,252 Views)

Hi lawrencium92,

Can you ping the device in the command prompt? What is your computer's IP address and subnet mask? Can you try connecting directly to your computer instead of through the network?

Do you have a deployment license for LabVIEW RT?

I'm thinking that either the cRIO is not connected correctly or that this is a hardware related problem.

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,205 Views)