LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultrasonic Anemometer

Also remember that your  PCI-6024E have a total sample rate sample  rate of 200Khz. If you use 2 channels each channel will have max 100Khz sample rate

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,049 Views)
I think you need a daqcard like this NI PCI-6143, and a analog waveform generator. The NI PCI-1643 has simultaneous sampling

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,047 Views)
I don't need simultaneous sampling, though. Guess I do need an external analog waveform generator to make me that 30KHz, but other than that I can still use my DAQ. Just need to figure out how to code it in LabView 😛
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,031 Views)

Hello Flapke,

there are DAQ boards available with a high sample rate on the analoge output (such as the NI 6251). But when we are speaking about sound generation and acquisition you may want to have a look at the dynamic signal analysis hardware. Please note that these cards are simultaneous sampled.

When your academic institute has a academic site license there is a big chance you have also access to the sound & vibration software , when installing this software a lot of examples are added to your example finder.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,020 Views)

Right, so I got a bit further now. Made some sinus generators that work like a charm, can make pulses and measure them and use a counter to see what the travel time was. Great, except I used a software analog trigger, so the results are completely wrong.

Is there some way to sample the counter at the exact time I send out a pulse from an analog out channel, then sample it again exactly when I receive a signal on one analog in channel and again when I receive a signal on a second channel?

Again, all I have available to me is an PCI-6024E.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(954 Views)

Hello Flapke,

If I understand you correct you will need to synchronize the analogue input with your analogue output. You can find a great example to do this; multifunction-synch AI-AO.vi (examples => hardware input and ouput => synchronization => Multi-Function). The example is to synchronize the analogue output with the analogue input. You need to do this the other way around.

There is also a excellent tutorial about the synchronization features from DAQmx. I hope this will help you further,

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(926 Views)