USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP 2901 USB Connectivity Issue

Hello community,

I have a connectivity problem over USB connection of USRP-2901 in my desktop computer. 

Using NI-USRP configuration utility, ethernet based networking based USRP-2922 devices are connecting, yet USRP-2901 does not appered on the list. Also, I tried another computer (my laptop) to see connection problem USRP-2901 and other devices are appeared.

I have upgrated NI-USRP 18.5 software plug in and problem is not resolved. In my laptop, NI-USRP USB devices are appeared also Windows device manager. On the contrast, NI-USRP USB devices are not appeared in my desktop. Is there any USB driver to solve this issue ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,290 Views)

Hi orange_spider,

Just to make sure I understand your issue, your USRP-2901 shows up correctly in the NI-USRP Configuration Utility on your Laptop, but doesn't show up on your Laptop.  Is this correct or does it not show up correctly on either system?  What is the model of the desktop you are using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,249 Views)

Hello Luke,

In my laptop Dell XPS 15 9560 it has no connectivity issue. In my desktop Dell Precision tower 5820 has connectivity problem.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,239 Views)

Hi orange_spider,

Could you try checking for updates for your USB controller drivers in Windows Device Manager?  Also, could you attach a screenshot of your USB controllers in Device Manager?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,230 Views)

Hello,

I have already updated my device manager, yet NI-USRP does not appeared. My screenshot is given at the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,170 Views)

Hello,

To me, this definitely seems like a driver problem.  I know you upgraded the driver, but when upgrading the installer skips over parts of the installation that have been installed previously.  Try to force reinstall the driver to ensure all files are overwritten:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8U0SAK

Also, have you tried different USB ports on your computer?  Can you verify that the ports you are using are USB 2.0 or 3.0?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,164 Views)

Hello, I re-install whole LabVIEW 2018 components and NI-USRP 19. 

NI-USRP USB drivers appeared given as usb.PNG 

I tried to connect different USB 3.0 port on the computer but it is not appeared in USRP configuration utility as usrpconf.PNG

Unfortunately, the problem is still unsolved. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,149 Views)

Are you sure that your USB ports are using 3.0 standard and not 3.1?  I've heard of a similar issue in the past (USRP shows up correctly in Device Manager but not in USRP Config Utility) when using 3.1 ports.  Are there any 2.0 ports available on the machine?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,135 Views)

Hello AirFranz,

I just checked datasheet of the my desktop, whole of my USB ports are USB 3.1.

Yet, there are not any USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 avaliable on this machine.

I need to use these devices, what should I do for this issue ? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,119 Views)

In general the 2901 is compatible with USB 2.0 and 3.0 but compatibility isn't guaranteed on all chipsets. Intel USB controllers are known to reliably work, but many vendors don't indicate the manufacturer of the USB controller. You may need to dig to find this if they don't see it in the documentation or in device manager. 

For 3.1 are you using a USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable? This could potentially be preventing the computer from recognizing as a USB 3.0 device.

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,080 Views)