LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBExpress driver for Silicon Labs USB MCU's

Hi

I am using USBExpress driver for Silicon Labs USB MCU's and c8051F381 MCU and Getnumdevices function is working, get part number is working, Si open is working but when I am using Write function firstly it was giving me the error code 6 which is SI_Invalid_Parameter.
> Then I changed the buffer data type to string then that error code is not appearing but now SI_Status is giving me 12 code which is SI_SYSTEM_ERROR_CODE.
> I have gone through the AN169 document but it only says: Call GetLastError (Win32 Base) to retrieve Windows System Error Code.The error codes are defined on MSDN.
> Please help how to solve this...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,157 Views)

The problem is almost always a bad configuration of your Call Library Node. This is something which listens very narrowly and the configuration requires in fact at least as much knowlegde about calling the same function from the C programming language, since that is what the DLL interface is meant to be. LabVIEW has no means to make this easier on you as the information has to be interpreted from the header in some ways and the C syntax of the header file function definition is in fact not sufficient enough to describe every aspect of such a function call.

So you can of course write here in several thousend words what you have done and what does APPEAR to not work, but without seeing your VIs and how you have actually confiigured the Call Library Nodes, we can just read your description, maybe offer a few generic recommendations and move on.

Therefore attach your VIs, preferably backsaved to at least two LabVIEW versions before the current one (not everyone has the possibility to install the greatest and latest LabVIEW version on his working computers, I for one am still currently on LabVIEW 2016 as latest version that I use actively for developmment due to a large long time project).

And yes please attach the VIs and not only some screen shots. Screen shots are mostly useless to debug such things as the Call Library Node configuration is not visible in the diagram image and making screenshots of every tab of the configuration dialog for every Call Library Node is not only a lot of work but also still a very cumbersome way of controlling all the settings.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 3
(2,110 Views)

I found one of the modified version of the Silicon labs MCU Library and that works fine and now I am able to read and write data using USBexpress in Silicon Labs controller.
I am also attaching the Library which I am using and still working on this.

I am using the Latest Driver Version of the USBexpress.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,071 Views)