LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB to Serial

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to transmit random numbers from one pc to another via USB to serial convertor.

But when I try to run it I receive error on my Tx laptop.

Although I have installed the drivers of USB to serial module and also USB to serial module appears in "VISA Interactive Control"

Can any body look at my VI and attached images and guide what is the problem. I will really appreciate your effort in this matter.

JK

(Note: On the another laptop there is another USB to serial converter for receive these random numbers)

Random Tx.jpgvisa interactive.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,701 Views)

Typically, a USB to Serial adapter shows up as a COM port for Windows.  You should just be using the simple VISA functions to set up the serial port and then perform the communications.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,694 Views)

Can you guide which basic visa functions you are talking about?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,689 Views)

I even change it as per follow and receive the error again.

Random Tx 2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,669 Views)
Did you completely uninstall the driver you created with the VISA wizard. Using USB RAW was a mistake. You can also look at the block diagram to see which is the property throwing the error. The device may not even support that. I never had very good results with prolific.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,653 Views)

I now even uninstall the drivers which I created through USB RAW but still the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,640 Views)
Then check the VISA property node like I said and see what argument 8 is.

Have you tested communication with another program such as putty?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,638 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author josephkirmani

I fixed it myself thank you every one

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,634 Views)

It would be a good courtesy to explain how you solved it, as it might help others with similar ideas. Simply saying that you solved it and marking your answer as solution is definitely not right, since your answer contains no solution at all.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,616 Views)

It would have been nice to see the solution to this. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,295 Views)