From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Mouse acquisition.

Solved!
Go to solution

I forgot to add that when i said

"Because I am only testing the mouse, I only want to update the correct "USB Human Interface Device" that corresponds to the correct interface. You can easily find that by opening up the properties of "USB Human Interface Device" going to the "Details tab" and looking at the "Device instance Id" information. The information looks like the following "USB\VID_046D&PID_C521&MI_01\6&21C372B&0&0001""

in my previous post.  That was in the Device Manager.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,904 Views)

Thanks for that,

Simple question: Both interfaces have the same VID and PID, right?  How do you open a reference to one interface and not the other when using VISA?

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,881 Views)
Yes, both interfaces have the same VID PID. Since I only cared about interracting with one interface, i only updated the "USB Human Interface Device" that corresponds to interface 0001...which turned it into a NI-VISA USB Device. However, "USB Human Interface Device" that corresponds to interface 0000 is still under "Human Interface Devices" I dont have any immediate answers for you at the moment. I may need to interact with both in the near future. Ill keep you posted once I figure it out.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,869 Views)

Thanks for the info.

So only one interface on the device is updated with the NI-VISA driver?

That I never tried.  I always tried updating the root device, which never worked.

Thanks for the tips.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,865 Views)

hi

i want to  use computer's optical mouse as a distanced logging device that is i record the mouse position as the mouse moves along a path then I make a relation between the mouse couser position in pixel with length moved by body of the mouse in mm.

Every thing is OK when I use the mouse in short ranges ( 30- 40 mm) and the crusor is in the range of the monitor  but when I wana move it in about 1 meter or more which is out of the range of the monitor screen problem began :smileysad:

at the top of the monitor the position is fixed and it do not change anymore. For recording pixels greater than the vertical limit of the monitor I try to set the mouse position to a fix number to get the changes of the mouse position by set_crusor_pos.vi .

but it is not effective.

So I want to save the absolute changes of the mouse position even out of the range of the monitor e.i. if the mouse crouser is at the top of the monitor and if i move it upper I should record a movement in the up side direction.

I want to use my optical mouse a ruler to measure lengths in the range of 1-2 meter.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,409 Views)

Thisisit, 

Did you have a question, or was this a response to a previous post?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,373 Views)

In windows 10 working on an ACER XC-704 with dedicated keyboard and mouse, the scroll button sticks as do both keys.  I have to manaully scroll  Last evening I installed IOT for my Rasberry device and the resultant desktop did not show a mouse so the neworking from Win 10 gave the saME PROBLEM THIS TIME WITH A USB COMBINED KEYBOARD AND MOUSE.Sorry about the caps it happens when I touchtype the a.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(755 Views)

puddle247, 

If you have a question regarding National Instruments hardware or software, please make a new forum post as we prefer to keep the scope of each post to one question. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(742 Views)