LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Joystick on PXI RT and 3D virtual reality

Hi,
I'm thinking about to create a virtual vehicle driving environment on a PXI-8196RT. I have the following problems and I don't know if someone can help.

1) For the communication with the USB joystick. I've seen the previous discussions in 2005 that the LabviewRT doesn't support the joystick. Has it been supported in the new version of LabviewRT? Because I can see the joystick vi in the LabviewRT, but it just can't read anything from the joystick. Besides, if I use it in the general Labview, is it possible to control a force beedback joystick? As I saw the joystick vis are only for "read" instead of control.

2)If I want to create the virtual driving environment, that means I want to show the virtual road on the screen as we always see when driving, does anyone have any suggestion about how to do this?

3)How can I show pictures, images, or just the vi front panel on the PXI-8196RT screen?

Sorry I'm just a beginner for the RT system, please give me any suggestions if you think it will be helpful.
Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,015 Views)

Hi Alex,

1)  I checked to see if I could find any joystick VIs for realtime targets and I could not.  I did find Initialize joystick.vi, but it was for a windows based system.

2&3)  The monitor for a real-time system is primarily for troubleshooting, not 3D imaging.  What people have done is get an FPGA (R-series) put that in the real-time and make the code that rasterizes the images to a monitor.

Has anyone else attempted to use a joystick in RT?

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,995 Views)