cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Hub Serial Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am currently using a USB-6009 and another device connected via USB using a virtual COM port. These are connected to the computer using a 4 port externally powered USB hub. Everytime I run the VI I get the following error:

Error -1073807343 occurred at Property Node

(arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi-

>MI3 Read Temp.vi->SagDAQ.vi

Possible Reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or

the device or resource is not present in the system.

After this error I must unplug and reconnect the device to use it. I have installed the drivers that came with the device and if I use the supplied software the device came with I have no problems with the device at all.

I have also noticed that if I do not use the USB hub there are no problems either, however I need to use the hub for this setup as ports are limited.

I have this device being used in multiple parts of my VI, however everything is running in series and all instances are ended by closing the VISA resource. If I just open one of the sub-VI's that calls the device I can run it indefinitely with no problems on the hub, but for some reason when I use them in the main VI I get this error.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem or know how to handle it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,771 Views)

Hello Josh,

I am glad that we were able to solve your issue, remember if you need further assistance do not hesitate to contact us

Regards

Mart G

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,745 Views)

How was this resolved?

What was the fault?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,743 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joshua.julius

Hello Jeff,

Josh created a service request inside NI to request help, so after he sent us his code we noticed that he was using the configure VISA serial port 3 times one after another, so the third configure VISA serial port VI was poping out the error as the parameters set in this VI were not matching the ones previuosly configured. So after leaving just one configure VISA serial port VI in the code, the error disappear.

Regards

Mart G.

Message 4 of 6
(2,740 Views)

thanks for clearing that up! 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,738 Views)

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6